To our BPM Health & Fitness Community
We cannot overemphasize that the safety of our members and community has been, and remains our top priority. With circumstances developing as quickly as they have regarding COVID-19 over recent days, it has been necessary to consolidate our communications. While this communication protocol will continue, you should be assured that we are monitoring developments locally (health department recommendations, personnel matters, client situations, etc.) and will issue additional guidance if/as necessary.
If you have not already been monitoring the COVID-19 we recommend you do so from the Centers for Disease Control, the State Department, and the California Department of Public Health.
Please continue to follow the basic tips below to stay healthy in the gym:
- Wipe down your equipment after every exercise and don’t hesitate to request more cleaner or wipes if you need it.
- Hand-washing is your best self-defense against the spread of germs. As a backup, use the antibacterial hand sanitizer readily available to you. We recommend that members wash their hands on a consistent basis before and after classes.
- Substitute fist bumps and high fives for ‘fist pumps’ and ‘air high fives.’ Please feel comfortable not participating in any bodily contact with other staff or members and be respectful of others’ decision to also refrain from contact.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, are coughing or sneezing or are experiencing shortness of breath. In some instances, if directed by local authorities, you may be asked screening questions before coming into the gym, such as:
- Are you feeling any cold symptoms or shortness of breath?
- Have you been in close proximity to someone who has been positively diagnosed?
- *Note that as a BPM Health & Fitness member, you have the ability to place your membership on hold until you are recovered.
Help us by being vigilant. If you have traveled to any of the countries where there are outbreaks of the virus, please follow guidance on the CDC website.
- Here are additional things we need to continue doing to keep our sites clean and safe:
- Please continue wiping down all areas of equipment (including the floor) that you have touched throughout your workout.
- It is recommended to wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, and before and after class.
- We will continue to increase our stocks of hand sanitizer and disinfectant.
BPM AT HOME WORKOUTS
In lieu of participating in onsite classes and to accommodate our members who have decided to remain off-site, starting Monday, March 16th and continuing until further notice, we will provide a HOME workout that can be accessed on the SugarWOD app.
This version of the workout is specifically designed to be performed at home or outside of the gym. The only equipment that you will need to perform these workouts will be your body and a backpack. The backpack can be loaded as you see fit to accomplish the workout. Generally, we recommend light to moderate loading. If you have general workout equipment, feel free to adjust accordingly. Contact us if you need help.
The HOME WORKOUT will appear directly below the Workout of the Day and Barbell Club options in SugarWOD. We have also made all Workout of the Day, Barbell Club and HOME WORKOUT plans available a week ahead of time. These workouts will be dynamic, fun, and easy to execute. Again, these workouts are not meant to discourage coming to the gym, but rather encourage athletes to continue to stay invested in their health and fitness if they aren’t able to come to the gym.
WE ARE CLOSELY MONITORING UPDATES FROM THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL
AND THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION REGARDING COVID-19.
We will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and public health officials, and we will update you as new information becomes available. We are committed to making BPM Health & Fitness a safe and enjoyable space for our members and staff. Thank you for being the biggest part of BPM Health & Fitness. Important messages will be conveyed through email, so please monitor regularly. Nonetheless, if you have questions or concerns that are not addressed through our correspondence, please reach out for more information.